Monday, April 25, 2016

#MadeItMonday - Cinnamon Raisin Bread


I've decided to start doing a few new blogging themes. Introducing #MadeItMonday. I'll be dedicating my monday posts to things that I've made, either inspired by my Pinterest boards or just things of my own creation.

When my late grandmother lived with us for a short time, she had special bread that she enjoyed having as her toast each morning. I'm not sure how, but that was my first experience actually having cinnamon raison bread and not only is it good all on it's own, but having the bread hold special memories for me.

This week I decided to try making cinnamon raisin bread. I've had the recipe pinned on my "Yummy" board for well over a year now, but hadn't taken on making it. Feeling in a rather domesticated mood, I decided to grab out my apron and start up the stand mixer.

The bread was actually extremely easy to make. Having only made plain bread before I was worried that I might not be able to get the roll tight enough and that there would be weird air bubbles. However, I didn't have any trouble with it at all.




I followed the recipe to the letter with one exception. We were totally out of granulated sugar, so I swapped it out for raw turbinado sugar, which worked like a charm.


If you're interested in checking out the rest of my "Yummy" board you can click on the widget below. I'm always happy to have a new Pinterest friend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment