Sunday, March 27, 2016

Finding My Rhythm


Happy Easter! 

Back in December, after months of faithfully, or not, updating my blog I suddenly vanished from the blogging scene. Things were crazy during the holiday season, which threw me off my pace. Christmas and New Years being over and done, things normally would settled down, but I came straight off the holidays into a whirlwind of resumes, job interviews and follow-ups.

After weeks of craziness, I suddenly found myself starting a full-time job in a private school. Gone are the days of hoodies-and-jeans nanny days, I'm now a full-fledged young profession complete with high-heels. (Okay, maybe I don't actually wear the high-heels everyday, but when you're the same hight as your average fifth and sixth graders you have to do something to seem imposing. Just sayin')


This is a new adventure for me. It's exciting, nerve wracking and yes, tiring. It looks a lot like grading a papers, giving spelling tests and making frequent runs to the copy room; but I enjoy it.

However, when I took this job, my entire daily routine was tipped up on end. Hence the reason for not actually getting around to posting the remaining 365 Challenge images until March. (whoops.)
It's been a learning curb, of figuring out what time I had to leave in the morning. Learning the hard way how much food to pack so I'm not hangery at the end of the day. #thestruggleisreal Planning life around work, because for some reason dentist and farrier appointments don't go away. Figuring out ways to be productive during my hour + of commuting everyday. (Audio books are my new best friend.)

It seems crazy that it's been this much of an adjustment for me, but I've always work either short days or close to home. All in all, I think I'm finally finding the new balance of being at work, and still having a life outside of work.

While I enjoy my job, I really need to have that "life" time. My creativity doesn't get used as much as used to and with that I'm beginning to feel a little on boring side. I'm hoping to get my blog rebooted now and use it as a tool to channel some of that pent up creative energy. I'm looking forward to sharing a little bit more about the adventures of life at school and also what's going on here on the home front.

That being said, be sure to check back soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment