Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Crazy One About a Bird..... + 365: Day 91


I'm not one for high adventure,  I'm just not that type of person. I like quiet. I like to run. I'm not a fan of unpredictability. I'm also not a fan of being attacked without reason and Disney Princesses give a total misrepresentation of life. 

Okay, none of those things are seemingly related. But let me back up and start all over again. 

I was minding my own business, going for my daily run. It just so happens that while I was running Mary Poppin's Feed the Birds Came on my Spotify running playlist. (Confession time: my running playlist is made up entirely of Broadway musicals. Don't judge. I'm a theatre kid at heart. But that's neither here nor there for the purpose of this story.) Anyways... I was listening to Feed the Birds. 

It wasn't five minutes after the song ended as I was still running along, listening to my music when I was suddenly attacked. Mercilessly attacked. Without warning, without reason... by an irate bird. It was diving bombing me and I had to find cover. FAST. Yeah. Just like that, I went from from running along at a good clip to cowering behind a bookcase. 

Yes, you read that correctly, I was hiding behind a bookcase. This is where the weird story suddenly gets -- weirder. Being that really quiet loving person that I am, I don't run outside because the snowbanks make it too hard to get off the road. (I don't like playing chicken with oncoming traffic) So there I was, in my basement on my treadmill, minding my own business when I was attacked by a bird for no reason. 

I'll tell you what, watching Disney movies always gave me the impression that birds where your friends. Nothing is farther from the truth. Yes, I kid you not, THAT was the thought that flashed through my head as I hid from the enraged barn sparrow. Pretty sad, huh? 

Okay, so in all seriousness here's what happened. I had opened the small cellar window to let in some fresh air while I ran. I do this all the time and have never had any issues, in spite of the fact that that particular window lacks a screen. On this particular day, a curious bird happened in and panicked because it couldn't get out. I did finally manage to get it back OUT the window and no one was the worse for the experience, and I survived another would be "think-fast" drill. 



No comments:

Post a Comment