Saturday, March 7, 2015

The Girl Behind the Blog: Right Now I'm...


This morning I decided that I needed to update my blog with something besides pictures. (*gasp*, is that even possible??) So I've been plucking away at this post all afternoon between barn chores and other sundry things. 

Seeing... Snow banks out my window and beyond them, snow as far as I can see. 
Hearing...  The hum of the humidifiers that are almost constantly running these days. 
Smelling... Peppermint essential oil.
Tasting... Chamomile tea with honey. 
Needing... Another cough drop. 
Wanting... To do nothing and everything all at once. Am I the only person who has these oxymoronical  desires? 
Regretting... That it looks like it's going to be another Sunday at home with our germs. 

Feeling... Still pretty nasty form what ever this bug thing is.... Kind of curmudgeonly. 
Thinking... How good it is that I finally got out to work on cleaning the barn for a little while. Not that the animals appreciate that the floor was swept. 
Recovering... Well, I have a voice again. I can go outside without coughing up a lung. Both of which are great improvements from earlier in the week. 
Believing... That after a longish day, I'm ready to call it quits for the night..... At 4:30 in the afternoon. Hmm... I don't think that that is going to work.
Anticipating... Gardening. I really can't wait to get out and get our gardens planted. 
Dreaming... Of spring. End of story. 
Reading... A rather fascinating book on the science of lighting.... And feeling just a little bit dorky that I both understand and enjoy it. 

Singing... Nothing at the moment because it makes me cough. 
Remembering...
That horrible moment when you realize you put something in a "Safe Place" and can't remember where that safe place is.
Trying... To remember where on earth I that "safe place was... Okay, I guess it was really safe, because I'm never going to find it. 

Questioning... Why I put my spare SD card someplace other than my supply basket???
Loving... my 85mm lens. The more I use it, the more I love it!
Googling... Essential oils to help relieve coughing. Looks like Thieves and clove oils are going to be added to our EO collection in the very near future. 
Choosing... What to eat for supper. It looks like it's just going to be me for dinner tonight.
Working... On too many things at once. I'm apparently not as great at multitasking as I thought. 

Sewing... Still working on hand quilting!
Texting... Some friends. 
Considering... Moving to Florida. How young is considered too young to be a "snow bird?"
Suffering... From this nasty cough. Still. It seems like it's been forever now. 
Checking... My emails. Nothing like getting 30 spam emails to make you feel loved!
Organizing... Pictures from the past few weeks. Keeping the good ones and getting rid of the terrible ones. 
Practicing... Some new photography techniques. Yes, I think I now qualify as a photography nut. 
Turning... Into a pumpkin. Nope, 4:30 isn't too soon to call it a night. Okay, so maybe I won't go to bed, but I'll make myself a smoothie and watch Foyle's War. 

Praying... That I'll be feeling back to normal soon so that I can get on with life. 
Smiling... Because no matter how crummy I feel, I know I'm blessed and I'm so thankful for what I've been given. 

No comments:

Post a Comment