Thursday, February 26, 2015

365 Challenge: Day 56 - Doing the Best with What You've Got

Don't worry I'm not completely losing my taste in photography. The picture above is to illustrate what I'm going to tell you in the rest of the post. 

I'm not going to lie, winter is starting to get the better of me. It really is. Maybe it's just because I've got this lingering cold/bug that just won't let go. Maybe it's the fact that every snow bank in our yard is taller than I am. Either way, trying to get outside pictures is getting less and less appealing by the day. 
So that being the case, I've been looking for things to take pictures of that don't require me to go out a freeze my fingers off.  Today my mom brought home some flowers that she was less than pleased with, but settled for because there was nothing else to choose from at that particular time and store. So she decided to work with what they had to make a practice bouquet.

In the mean time, I decided to take some pictures just for the fun of it. We don't live in a huge house and, in spite of the fact that we have a studio space, we all some how end up working in the dining room. (Probably because it's the warmest room in the house when the sun is coming in.)

The long and short of it was neither one of us was working in the "ideal working conditions." However, we made do with what we had available to us and we were both pretty pleased with the final result.

No comments:

Post a Comment