Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Recipe - Chocolate Strawberry Banana Smoothie


Two posts in a week, wow. This doesn't happen very often these days. It probably wouldn't be happening now, except for the fact that I'm sick and have been taking it easy in the hopes of a quick recuperation. As much as I love my part-time nanny job, which I do, the under six year old crowd is almost guaranteed to share every cold and bug that they happen to get. With a yucky cold I was looking for something cold and soothing for my sore throat.


I love smoothies; they're great if you're sick and great if you're not.  This recipe is my personal favorite. 
You'll need:
  • 3/4 C. of Plain, Unsweetened Yogurt 
  • 1 C. Milk
  • 6 Large Frozen Strawberries 
  • 1/2 Frozen Banana
  • 1 tsp. Unsweetened Baking Cocoa
  • 1 Tbls. Maple Syrup
  • 2 tsp. Chia Seeds
Put all of the ingredients in a blender, a cup large enough to use a wand blender in. Blend until creamy and all of the lumps of frozen food are blended.  Pour into a glass and enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. I've made this smoothie with a few different ingredients and it was amazing! :-)

    -Lara @ Methodical Living
    http://methodicalliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete