Monday, September 29, 2014

A Post in Which I Don't Know What to Write About.


Hello World! I'm popping in for a quick minute to write about I don't know what. Honestly the last couple of weeks have flown by and while this nanny is temporarily enjoy a moment of quiet, I figured it was a great opportunity to sit down and get a blog post hammered out.  So here's what's been going on lately. 

Of course, the biggest thing that's been going on these days is the play. Seriously, I think I must spend just about every waking moment with this on my mind. My younger brother, Matthew is partially to "blame" for doing the play this year. After waffling back and forth as to whether or not I should do it, it was his persistent pleas in favor of it, that finally made up my mind.  In repayment for that and in addition to his acting, his chief duty is to be the Guinea Pig for my merciless torture experimentation on him. No one was injured or killed in the making of the mustache in the above picture.  

My life pretty much revolves around the production and most likely will until we're done with it in about a month. So it's been really nice to be able to take a break from the craziness and enjoy doing some other things. 
Blurry Phone Pictures 
With all of the sewing projects that I had been working on over the spring and earlier part of the summer, I decided that it would be fun to enter a whole bunch of sewing projects into the local agricultural fair. So I signed up to enter a whole bunch of half finished projects, figuring I'd have plenty of time to get them done. However, what with the play and work, I ended up just a couple of days with everything still unfinished. Thankfully, in spite of being overly ambitious, I was able to get everything finished in time.... with just a couple of minutes to spare.

We had a bumper crop of tomatoes this year. The ones in the picture are only a small, small percentage of the tomatoes that we had this summer. So my mom and I spent quite a bit of time making tomato sauce to can. Hopefully we made enough to last us through until next year. 


We've been able to spend some time getting to catch up with one of my cousins who recently moved to a nearby college. Hopefully lots of opportunities for spending time together will be in the near future.

An incredibly rare photo of all three of us.
We got to spend an afternoon rooting for my older brother while he played for baseball to raise money for a children's hospital. Lots of fun, yelling and an all around extremely good time with all our immediate and most of our extended family. 




Now I haven't been able to completely get away from everything play related, but if you have to work on it you might as well enjoy getting to spend time with good friends at the same time, right? So my stage manager Maddie and I decided to plan a girls' set painting night complete with a ton of laughing and cookies. (Does it get any better than that??)  We got one of our sets painted and then spent what was left of the evening adding to our collection of quotes from previous plays on the inside parts of the backdrops.


Can you tell that we got a little bit carried away??

Last, but not least, I finally got to go hiking with my friend who just got back from a missions trip to Mongolia and enjoy the scenery. The weather was amazing for this time of year and even though the leaves hadn't reached their peak yet, the view was great! It was great to spend some time catching up with her.... and the amusement provided by our younger brothers, who tagged along, wasn't too bad either. ;)



There you have it! That's just a tiny little bit of what's been going on lately.  Hopefully I'll get around to writing some other posts in the very near future. In the mean time you can get the latest updates on what's going on with the play over at the production blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment