Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Summer of Sewing Projects: Update 2


Now that my sewing room is finally finished, it's finally time to break it in with some sewing. I'm finally getting around to working on some of my summer quilting projects. That being said, it was time for a new project for a new room. I pulled out the blue, gray and gold stash I've been sitting on for a while trying to come up with a good idea for and started designing to my hearts content.



As I'd originally planned, I decided that I would try to come up with a design that would allow me to use the nautical 'feel' of the fabric with out it being a completely nautical quilt. (Does that make sense to anyone besides me?) The most obvious solution; Stars! 

Please excuse the messy lay out. I was taking pictures in the middle or laying it out on the floor and rearranging them as I went. 
A couple of sketches later I was happy with my design and went to town cutting. I had a stack of white and off white fabric that I'd been saving for no particular project, so that got added to the mix.


I'm still playing around with some different ideas of how I want it to look. I'm not 100% satisfied with the way that it is right now. But I'm going to keep playing around with it. But for the time being I'm going to go finish adding the missing star points and completely enjoy the whole process.

No comments:

Post a Comment