Thursday, June 12, 2014

Hello Summer.... Almost

I've been a bit absent in the blogging world over the past week because I've been busy working on a whole slew of summer related projects, even though it isn't technically summer yet. In between theater classes, studio painting, working on some sewing orders and just enjoying the sunshine and beautiful weather, I'm finally squeezing in some time to catch up here on the blog.

Of course getting our garden in has been a big yank over the past week or two. Because we don't have the longest growing season here in New England, we have to be sure to get things in late enough so that the frost won't kill off the plants but early enough so that they will develop properly.

With our beans, peas, tomatoes and the rest of the veggies in, I was able to get a few rows of zinnias in too. Hopefully, they'll do as well this year as they did last year.

Since his last outing to the garden we made Quincy a little box that he can hide in for protection and shade while we have him out in the garden. 


Seriously, this little guy is such a ham! I could so easily fill another blog post with just pictures of him. 


Of course summer just isn't summer unless you manage to get yourself all covered in dirt (or bark mulch) while taking pictures. I think I spent more time trying to get all of the bark mulch out of my hair and off my clothes than I did taking pictures. 


This summer I quit my "normal" job to do something that I truly love and enjoy. So for the time being I'm throughly enjoying my new job as a freelance theater teacher. I have great groups of kids and find is so encouraging to watch the students grasp new concepts and ideas. Hopefully I'll be able to post more on my experiences later. 


Along the same vain as my class, I've been hurriedly trying to finish the last minute details to prepare for Lamplighter Homeschool Theatre's fall 2014 production, for which I'm the director, producer, script writer and general logistics coordinator. I have to be completely honest, this is my baby. I love doing this. I look forward to it every year. For as many times as I've said that I wouldn't do it again, I've never been able to stay away. After last year's production of the Scarlet Pimpernel, I knew that I was going to have my work cut out for me trying to come up with another story to adapt. After about ten false starts, The Hound of the Baskervilles finally won out. Right now, I'm in the midst of doing some final tuning to some of the dialog before the board sits down to work out the last of our preseason details.



Well, that's where I've been for the past week. Now that I'm settling into my new summer routine, I will hopefully be more regular in my posting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment