Monday, October 15, 2012

Welcome to My Unconventional Life




My life is can pretty much be summed up with the word unconventional. I don’t believe in following blindly the beat of any drummer with out first finding out if said drummer’s march is completely Biblical and in line with what God is calling me to do and be. I believe that life is a journey of lessons and experiences that are designed to bring me to a closer fuller knowledge of my Savior and Lord. Before I can start posting the ins and outs of all that I’m learning from my unconventional life I have to explain to you a little bit about who I am.

I am a Christian; this is the central fact of my life. I’m a sinner, saved by a loving and gracious God. Trying to live as my Savior commands that I do and desiring to bring Him glory with everything that I do.

I’m a stay-at-home daughter by choice because I believe that I am safest under the protection and guidance of my parents. My family isn't just a part of my life, outside of my faith they are my life and I can’t imagine having it any other way.

I’m a Domestic Engineer in training under the tutelage of one of the best, my mother. I believe that being a homemaker is one of the highest callings a woman can have and mother. I’m learning all of the ins and outs of what it takes to run a household and learning different skills that will edify that along the way.

I’m a full time CollegePlus! student working on a B.A. in History. I've chosen this program because I’m earning my degree by studying the things I love, at my own pace, from my own home and without a student loan. I’m not sure which one of those things I like about this program the most, but combined it’s really great.

I’m a future historian because I love history and believe that God is calling me to share that love of history with others. My desire and goal is to help others understand history and God’s providence through out it.

I’m a young woman with many hobbies, interests and ideas. Who enjoys spending my free time figuring out how to improve the skills that I already know and learning new ones along the way. Some of them being sewing, quilting, gardening, baking, reading and the list goes on and on. My room is evidence of this.

This is just a sampling of who I am and what I believe. My goal with this blog is to share about my experiences in the hopes that it encourages and edifies everyone who reads it with the realization that there is so much more to this life than what the world would have us believe. Unconventional isn't always bad, sometimes it’s a blessing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment